News & Blog
Finding Love During the Holidays
The holidays are supposed to be the most happiest time of the year; exchanging gifts, sharing stories and being in the company of someone you love is the picture that’s painted everywhere we look. The shopping malls are filled with images of couples and families shopping or taking selfies, or snuggled on the couch sipping hot cocoa while watching reruns of movies. But this isn’t the pretty picture for so many single women.
However just because you’re single and the holidays are here doesn’t mean you should be down and sad about it. Keep your head, chest and smiles up this holiday season. So if you’re wondering “What’s a single girl to do during the holidays?” we are going to give you a few helpful tips to set you on your way.
1) Invite family and friends over. If you’re not in a relationship, SO WHAT??? You’ve still got family and friends, so make a holiday dinner, ask your family members and friends to bring drinks and snacks, throw on some music and you’ve got a party! This will prove to be so much more valuable than settling for watching romance movies alone.
2) Take yourself out to dinner. If you’re by yourself, you shouldn’t be lonely/bored. To be lonely or bored is to suggest that you’re not much fun to be around. If that is the case, it’s time to break that cycle so that hopefully in the near future you can meet a romantic interest. In the meantime, get out of the house and treat yourself to a nice dinner. I’m quite sure there will be other single men and women who are doing the exact same thing. And if they are, you’re on your way to making new friends. #WinWin
3) Attend a family gathering: Surely someone in your circle of family and friends is hosting a holiday party. This is your chance to connect with like-minded individuals in a fun, safe environment that will keep your mind off of being single. Who knows, there may be that one guy who isn’t family, isn’t a friend and is single and ready to mingle... with you. You won’t find this kind of opportunity at home.
4) Get out and site see. Check out some of the local festivities and explore some of the food and culture it has to offer. Not only is this a healthy solution for you to get out and enjoy yourself, but it’s also a great way to meet new people. Whether you meet the love of your life or not, it’s a great way to expand your network with positive people.
5) Stay Positive! Being single is not the end of the world. When it’s your time it’s your time. You can only claim one relationship status at a time and right now, yours just happens to be single. Enjoy it while you can! Bring that positive attitude with you everywhere you go and you’re status will shift in no time.
We would like to hear from you. Tell us your opinion on today's blog.
just because you’re single and the holidays are here doesn’t mean you should be down and sad about it.
The 50th birthday celebration of the honourable speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara was a lavish affair
How can they say this about you? We know you love your children just as much as any other mother.